Saturday, August 30, 2008

No time for Blogging

I promise pictures for Jodi and details for Nicole but I had to share some quick thoughts. I can't tell you how many times I pulled the camera out this week and said, "we have to take a picture so we can blog about this." But then, the reality is that I'm too busy doing the things I say I will blog about, to find the time to actually blog about them. So here is the quick list of obsessions and business for the week: picking 12 pounds of fresh raspberries, making 2 1/2 batches of fresh raspberry jam, making one sample batch of Raspberry White Chocolate Almond Blondies for Isabelle to enter into a baking competition, making three different kinds of Peach-Raspberry tart/pies to decide what I'm going to enter into the bake-off, buying: 2 cantaloupes, one pineapple, one BIG box of peaches, four pounds of black grapes, 5 pounds of strawberries, 2 pounds of champagne grapes, 3 mangoes, 7 bananas, 12 pounds of raspberries, and 1 pound of cashews just so we'll have choices to play with in our new blender!! Which brings me to our next obsession, Chris' new BlendTec blender (more about that in a different post!) and Smoothies! Not to mention, just this week I added 3-6 new piano students, I have a new calling, and I just agreed to be the Room Mom in Abby's class. I've been making craft samples for Super Saturday, along with some extra projects for myself. I've been working on designing another Halloween wallhanging to work on with some women in my ward. I'm batting around the idea of finishing Abby and Claire's quilts for their birthdays (in less than a month) and possibly decorating their whole room... I'm starting to think about Christmas projects and gifts, and have started conspiring and working on our annual Halloween party too. Just today, I've done three loads of dishes and ignored that many loads of laundry. I threw a party for Zach's second birthday, washed my van inside and out, caught up on the second season of 30Rock, and last season of Eli Stone, helped my kids with their homework, watched neighbor's kids, tried a few new recipes and made up a few of my own, enjoyed the Onion Days carnival last night, played an all night game with Chris and some friends, ran too many errands, and arranged some food storage stock up, I've been making good use of the fresh veggies from ours and others gardens, and even shared loaves of Zucchini Bread with our new neighbors from the 3 batches I made (now I've got big plans to learn how to can peaches and spaghetti sauce), and I still managed to keep my house clean, and take care of Chris, our cats, and our four brilliant kids! Hopefully this next week will be more productive! And yes, I will try to find time for some pictures...

4 comments:

Jodi Jean said...

oh sheesh ... just reading all of that made me tired!! someday you'll have to write some tips on being as productive as you. i guess it helps that you are a tornado.

um i THOUGHT about doing dishes or laundry ... does that count?

Haddorkus said...

That is exactly what I was going to say, you make me tired. Do you live in some sort of weird space-time continuum, where your day is like 50 hours or something? Say yes, it'll make me feel better.

The other day, I watched four discs of Gilmore Girls. That's right, in one day.

Nicole Shelby said...

Holy smokes...

I just picture you though: in a perfectly pressed frock, heels, hair done, nails done, large smile. perfectly shiny silver tray offering zucchini bread to the neighbors.

heidi you are one amazing woman. i have to tell you that. i tease you that you are skinny and amazing just to make people jealous. but, you don't. you are just amazing because you can't help it. you like things to be awesome, and so you put in the time and effort to make it so. just making cookies isn't enough. nope, you've got to make sample batches of several different recipes before you even make the one for the contest!

if for nothing else: we'd like to live by you so you can test out all your yummies on us, then teach my kids piano, and watch them while i take a nap.

i love you and look up to you. and think you truly are amazing.

Jodi Jean said...

ditto to nicole's comment. you are amazing. and seriously you need to write some tips on how others can strive to be as awesome as you.

that being said, check out my blog this afternoon and see what i've been up to this week (with tons of pictures ... before/after ones ... hehe!!)