Monday, May 26, 2008

Dad's Art Gallery

This one is particularly special to me because I didn't steal it from his or any other collection- Dad painted this one especially for me and gave it to us as a housewarming for our last house! (Dad, we have a lot of wall space in our new house- hint hint!- Oh and while I'm at it- your next temple should be the Los Angeles, a few of us have ties to that temple ;))



These are a set of three oil paintings that were given to me as a wedding gift from Donna Cullen-
they hung in her house for years, but she was moving and din't have room for them and figured I would appreciate them more anyway- she was right. I like to say that I have some of Dad's early originals.

This is an oil painting on canvas that Mom and Dad saved for me from my grandmother's house- it is currently searching for a home in my new house. I know I'm last, but better late then never- if you don't think I have a valid excuse- read my previous blog! And by the way, Dad, you are the best, love ya, and looking forward to seeing you soon-

2 comments:

Nicole Shelby said...

heidi played along! huzzah!
plus...i know you have those two little ones from the bathroom that you made him sit down and paint one time when he was visiting.

fabulous!

you're going to love seeing dad's gallery display when you come down. it's truly amazing and beautiful. especially after you look at all the other stuff. his blows it all out of the water. not even close.
it's brilliant and beautiful. and you can't wait!

Jodi Jean said...

huzzah!!! thanks for playing along. i took pictures at his senior show, now i need to upload them and post them. this week is gonna be crazy ... who knows when it will happen.

love ya sis, can't wait 'til you come down!!

oh and i'm a little jealous ... none of my paintings have been especially for me ... maybe someday!