Saturday, November 1, 2008

Claire's Pink Pampered Princess Tea Party

For those of you who know that Claire's birthday is on October 2nd, y0u know that this post is a little late... but, as always, better late than never. I survived all of my parties- Yahoo!! You've already seen Abby's birthday and our Hulaween extravaganza- so here are the pics (and some details) from the Pink Pampered Princess Tea Party. I have to admit that it was very cute and a raging success, in my completely impartial and unbiased opinion.
The girls are coloring a giant coloring page of Cinderella!
I should have taken a pic of the invitation- I designed my own princess using my scrap punches and a pair of scalloped scissors- and they turned out VERY cute. I asked each of the girls to come dressed up as a princess. As they arrived, they each got to take turns getting pampered in our Royal Salon... Kemari (BFF) helped as our very own hairdresser- and she has some mad skills with a curling iron and bobby pins! (And she helped even though she had a party of her own to host an hour later for her son Conner who just got baptized today) THANK YOU so much Kemari- all the girls hair turned out beautifully. Patty (sister in law) came to help as our Nail stylist (even though she had to be at work in an hour) Thanks Patty, what would a pampered princess be without a great manicure!? And I did their makeup. And of course, they got glitter- they got glitter in their hair, on their faces, on their lips, and on their nails!

After they were all dolled up, they got to walk the red carpet and have the paprazzi (Chris, our live in photographer) take their pictures (which I printed and attached to their thank you cards).
To keep them entertained in our salon waiting room, I found a giant coloring book with the Disney princesses that they could work on together and they got to watch Barbie's Princess and the Pauper.
Kate (Kemari's daughter), and Claire's best friend!! Ready for her close up...Caitlyn, my niece, all dolled up and ready for a night on the town, or perhaps a great tea party!
After that, we joined in our royal dining room for our Pink Princess Tea Party- we had finger sandwiches, flower shaped Jell-o jigglers, Strawberry-Grape skewers, Pink flower shaped sugar cookies, Pink lemonade, pink Strawberry pudding, and pink sparkled cupcakes. We didn't even have room for our pink ice cream... but I would say it was a great pink feast fit for a princess.

These little shot glasses with Strawberry pudding, and whipped cream were my FAVORITE! (not because they tasted the best, but because they were SO cute! I will do these again)
I even served them on "silver" trays and made a ruffled tablecloth to fit my table out of pink satin with teacups and teapots on it! And of course, they each got a tiara!

After that, Claire opened her gifts, naturally she was spoiled absolutely rotten! She got really great gifts from very thoughtful friends and family! And being the true princess she is, she even remebered her pleases and more importantly, her Thank You's.

All the beautifu princesses- Kamry, Claire, Kate, Caitlyn, Abby, Aubrey, Alyssa, Isabelle, and Katelyn- (they all had names with A's, C's, and K's, except Belle)
To wrap it all up, we made Glittered Bath Paints and Glitter Body Gel. They turned out to be great crafts for that age, and they got to take home some more pampered sparkly stuff! And for their goody bags, they got to each take home a sparkly necklace, a ring pop, and their very own makeup set! So they all got spoiled! And Claire had an awesome Princess party if I do say so myself!
Happy Late Birthday Little Princess Claire!!

2 comments:

debs said...

I can't show this to Julie, or she will get jealous. You are so creative, Heidi - I am jealous. ;)

Jodi Jean said...

happy birthday claire!! looks like the party was a SUCCESS!!