Monday, March 2, 2009

Crazy Quilting

It seems that I have two speeds... I haven't quilted in awhile and have had a hard time getting motivated until recently. When Chris went to Cali, there was going to be a big shower for his favorite cousin so I decided the day before he left to whip together a baby quilt, I started it on Thursday and finished it Friday morning before he left. The following week, I had a double shower for a couple neighbor friends- so I whipped together two more baby quilts- one Wednesday night and one Thursday morning (shower on Thurs. night). I then decided to get going on a quilt for a niece born a "few" months ago now, and another one for my BFF who is due in May. Then I decided I need to put together some simple baby quilts to have on hand so I'm not whipping them together the night before, especially since at least half of everyone I know is pregnant!

Also, since we've juggled all our beds and rooms- I now have a handful of quilts to make for the house- and I really need to finish Isabelle's quilt. I was hoping to have it done for her birthday but the kitchen shower messed that up and then I got distracted with baby quilts, anyway... so I'm now on full speed quilting craziness! Here are a couple pics of what I've done in the past week and a half, and not even of my two favorites!


8 comments:

James and Jenny said...

So cute! You are an amazing woman! You have a ton of talents!

Kemari said...

Formal Request: You should just go ahead and post a nice picture of the BFF quilt!.. Are you trying to keep your mind off of the flood by chance, or the TRIP????? your funny! Between quilting and Rockband you can numb yourself enough until May!

Nicole Shelby said...

forget everyone else - caleb's quilt rocks the casbah!

only you think you have two speeds. everyone else thinks you have one: "ludicrous speed!" it's just directed into different avenues.

Christopher Maloy said...

Now I know where all the money is going. Hey ... are those four new bins of fabric in the basement new?

Jana Brookes said...

Hey Heidi! I found your blog off you fb page. Cute quilt! Sorry to hear about your crazy disaster with the bathroom raining into your kitchen. That stinks!

Jodi Jean said...

look at you being productive ... i expect finley's quilt to be done by the time you come down ... i mean, she's already 5 months! just kidding.

they look great. i like the 2nd one, simple, but good color choices. (although i must admit that it's driving me CRAZY that some of the plaids are not cut on the square ... why am i such a FREAK!?)

Kathryn said...

Heidi! These are so cute. You should open an esty store.

CurlyCraze said...

You are so amazing to be able to whip out a quilt in a day! I really love the pink one. Those fuzzy polka dots are too cute!