Thursday, August 6, 2009

Happy Independence Day!


I'm admittedly a little behind on my blog posts... and I was going to jump in and get my camping pics up, but I realized I never even posted our 4th of July, so here it is... and hopefully more posts will be coming shortly. TJ and Nic were gone for their big anniversary backpacking trip but we had their kids, so that was a lot of fun. And Patty and Caitlyn were also gone to California... but Sonny and the DeSantiago family came to share a fantastic night with us!

Chris really surprised everyone when he happily offered to host 4th of July at our house. After checking him for a fever, we quickly invited great family and friends, and what does anyone expect at a party hosted by the Maloy's... great food! And with the help of Frank and Ivana, we delivered as always, and as usual had way too much! We needed Patty, Nic, and T to help us eat!

Claire got into the spirit and wore her cute stars dress and hat from Aunt Nicole! Adorable!
By the time everyone got here, Caleb was not very happy with me since I had been working in the kitchen and not holding him... luckily, he had Ivana, he snuggled right in with her and was happy to finally get the attention he wanted... Thanks, Ivana!
Bring on the hacky sack! The big kids even let the little kids join in.

Caleb was born on the fourth of July, so I had to take some birthday pictures for his Mom who ditched him on his first birthday! ;) Happy Birthday Caleb!!

And here is the beginning of the all out raging water fight! I love the water splashing in this one...


Some people were happy to be wet and having a ball... and some were not so thrilled. Hannah was not amused that I was enjoying taking pics of her not so happy countenance!
But, we had fun making fun of her anyway! Until she finally stormed off... Hannah, you are funny


These brothers are too funny... but they sure do love each other!
OK, I made fun of Hannah... but I posted this for Chris... who after Caleb couldn't save Ivana, I should have known he wouldn't protect me either. You can see the fake drama in my face, but they did mess up my hair!
Cookin' S'Mores as the sun goes down... but you can see the clouds rolling in too...

Fire power!
A little hacky sack while waiting for it to get dark enough for fireworks.
As soon as the sun went down, the wind kicked up... you can see their hair and the fire blowing away. Then it started to pour, so we retreated to the porch which lucky for us was big enough to hold all of us while we watched dry and left Frank and Sonny to continue entertaining us in the rain.



Bros!
I was having fun playing with my camera and lighting and sparklers... and we couldn't keep the Sparklers coming fast enough for these kids! Too fun.

This picture of Zach is my favorite!!!


I just knew Zach was going to be so fun this year, he's finally old enough to appreciate and enjoy the fireworks part. I loved watching his face light up with each sparkler and he really got into it!

Sonny is a pyro nut! But he's very entertaining, as usual!
After our initial quick storm, the later it got, the more beautiful the night was... just enjoying each other and our little street show!


Happy Independence Day America! Notice the accumulating stash in the street behind Chris, what a fun night!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Looks SO FUN. I want to come and is that your house?!? It is SO beautiful!

Connie H said...

I love the watermelon tablecloth, so sheik (sp?) I also love the pic of Zack, Happy 4th. Love You.

Christopher Maloy said...

Great fun and great pictures. Love it baby.

sonnymaloy said...

Had a great time who ever missed it missed a great time.

patty maloy said...

gees just rub it in sonny