Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Dad's Graduation


My Dad has always been so supportive and proud of me, that I wanted to make sure that I was there for him when he FINALLY graduated with his Bachelors! The funny sidenote here is that when I was looking through the pics to post- I was taking pics and didn't get any with him and I- so there isn't any evidence that I was actually there- I've got pics with Him and Mom, Scott, Jodi, Robby, Aidan- but not me. But I promise, I was there (behind the camera as usual).
But I just have to brag a little here and tell you how awesome my Dad is- I could write pages and pages but I'll try to keep it short and sweet- my Dad is the hardest working guy I know, he has always made it a point to take care of us, even if it meant putting his own wants and needs on hold. He can whip anyone's butt at Trivial Pursuit. And if you need an opinion on style, design, or anything creative- he is your go to guy! He can't last as long as we girls can shopping- but he has a radar for the cute stuff and the great deals. I can probably count on one hand the times that he was really mad at me- and because of that, we knew when we screwed up. I always knew that he loved me, was proud of me, and that he was fiercely protective of me and my siblings. I loved going to the beach, camping, shopping, bikeriding, painting, rollerblading with Dad when I was younger too. And now, I'm so proud of him for finally doing what he has wanted to for so long- get his degree and more importantly in ART! He is an amazing artist, and has a style all his own. He's always been so creative and talented- now if we can just motivate him a little- he might actually become a successfully selling artist as well, who knows! I know this is kind of random and choppy- sorry- and I could brag more but let it be known that I'm proud of my Dad, and I love him so very much! Congratulations Dad, you finally did what you wanted to do when you grew up... I love you!

2 comments:

Jodi Jean said...

YEAH!!! go dad!!

Nicole Shelby said...

i agree and applaud and give a one-woman standing ovation!

bummer i couldn't be at his grad, but he said he'd rather i came to his big gallery show - which i was.

le'artiste - he loves it and tends to do it to make himself and those around him happy - if he'd just be a little ambitious he'd make money - but, you know dad - he really doesn't care about money!