Tuesday, December 2, 2008

'Tis the Season

Ok, so I'm admittedly a blogger slacker, but with good reason (I always have great excuses)... I will try to post pics soon, but I've been busy. Mom and Dad came to visit (Yahoo!) in the beginning of November and we had a fan-freaking-tastic weekend together (they spoiled us so much that we don't need to have Christmas- almost), then I've been trying to get ahead in making all sorts of Chrismas projects and presents, then I joined a team on our city Volleyball league.

Then I cleaned my house in preparation for the annual decking of the halls, which I started last Wednesday but am still not finished. I spent the entire Thanksgiving day in the kitchen- started at 8:30 am and paused for a quick shower at 4:45 pm (dinner was at 5)- but then enjoyed a fantastic feast at our friends the DeSantiago's. Came home and cleaned my kitchen, and made my shopping plan. I got up at 4:30 am for the annual Black Friday shopping spree (it was so nice that it wasn't freezing this year, until we got into Wal-Mart with 50,000 other shoppers who also didn't feel the need to shower at 4 in the morning but layered and prepped for cold, only to start sweating and stinking in unison- it smelled like smelly feet and armpits- Yuck!) But I got everything I really wanted so it was worth it. Then it was back to decking the halls Friday and Saturday... and Saturday we also enjoyed a spontaneous hangout with Sonny and Patty, and their friend Ray. Patty brought Potato Soup and bread bowls and we introduced them to RockBand (haha)... and then I took off on a quest for the score for Messiah (more on that later).

Sunday was a crazy day because I played the Cello in sacrament meeting (yes, I know you are all floored, but as it turns out, I can still do it, but I need to play a little more frequently I've decided). Zach had the flu... and he's a needy Momma's boy ;) Then Sonny and Patty and Caitlyn came over for a Thanksgiving encore ( I needed to make my own Turkey for my leftover Turkey fix). Then Patty and I left the dishes to the boys and headed up to Salt Lake to attend the Utah Symphony's annual Messiah Sing-In.... and it was absolutely fabulous! You wouldn't believe how great so many amateurs sound when they get together. After we strolled through the lights on Temple Square, which was great because we weren't freezing as usual, and got some pie and hot chocolate on the way home. It was so nice to hang out with Patty too.

Monday was admittedly a somewhat lazy day, but the highlight was playing Clue with the kids for FHE (thanks Mom and Dad for the game, it was so fun), and then playing RockBand with Chris after the kids went to bed. And now here we are and it's time to deck some more halls- because Chris got me the garland I needed to finish my entry, mantle, and stairs- And now you know why I've been busy not blogging... Fa La La La Laaaa- La La La La!

5 comments:

Kemari said...

If you ever now get around to reading this, your house looks great, and its awesome to be "fun" busy, not stressed out busy! sounds like fun!

Nicole Shelby said...

whew...

i'll take a nap for you...

it makes me feel good that you are already prepping for us...hahahahahahaha

patty maloy said...

OK so I defintely wasn't one of those fabulous amateur audience members singing. I tried though and had lots of fun mostly watching them play that beautiful and relaxing music. I began most songs ...but lost all of you on just the second verse...my eyes a little stressed and lost but had lots of fun pretending to be one of those fab singers! We must make this a yearly outing..Did you notice the lady beside you with her yellowish and used messiah sing along and her outdated dress and hairdo? Will we be her someday????? Sonny says he's in for next year or at least I'm tagging him along to enjoy a night out! Chris seemed to be in even before we left!!! Thanks for the invite...had lots of fun catching up! See you Friday...Oh by the way I need your BIG gingerbread cookie cutter!!!

Jodi Jean said...

you have a disease ... seriously ... one that keeps you WAAAY too busy.

SLOW DOWN!

love ya sis. i wish we could come up and visit for christmas. maybe next year.

Connie H said...

You are my tornado, even in Utah. I all ready miss all of you. I need Pics, pics I said.
Love ya forever.