Sunday, October 26, 2008

Faerie Tale Theatre

I was reading Nicole's post about her favorite musicals, and in searching for some info, I stumbled across a blast from our past, and decided to share since I know it will make some of you smile too!



We used to LOVE watching Shelley Duvall's Faerie Tale Theater and couldn't get enough of it, and probably had tons of them memorized... and we didn't know at the time the big names that were in them, but too fun now. Like did you remember that Tim Burton directed Aladdin, or that Susan Sarandon was in Beauty and the Beast, or Carrie Fischer, or Robin Williams, or Bernadette Peters, Christopher Reeve??? Judging by one clip on You Tube, I'm thinking they might be available on DVD somewhere, somehow... which one was your favorite? or at least most memorable?

Oops, I accidentally added this video before I watched the end, so stop watching when the SNL version says The End... because some chick gets on and ruins it all... but otherwise- enjoy!

1 comment:

Nicole Shelby said...

I love Faerie Tale Theatre.

I remembering hating the princess from the Frog Prince.

I think Rapunzel was my favorite though.

I haven't thought about these in ages.

I love FAIRY TALES!

That's something else I need to do a better job of indoctrinating my kids with.