Thursday, October 2, 2008

Abigail's Artsy Fartsy Birthday Bash

I previously posted about the fact that I'm a party planning fool at the moment- and even though I'm about a week late in posting the pictures (about par for the course)... I know, you've been anxiously waiting- so here they are! The whole party was inspired by some Crayola crayon thermos' I got as party favors- so it turned into a creative, make it yourself, make a mess, bright, fun, colorful extravaganza- we made Kool-Aid play dough, Kool-Aid fingerpaint, Silly Slime, played a crayon drop game, made our own Pizzas, and enjoyed what else, Kool-Aid, our pizzas, Crayon box cake, bright cupcakes, and rainbow sherbert! The best part was that the weather was great so we kept all the kids (and all the mess) outside! We had great food, great fun, great messes, great kids, great help (Chris stayed home and Patty came to help- and I couldn't have done it without them), great gifts, and a great time! The kids all got to take home Kool-Aid dough, finger paint, silly slime, and the Crayola thermos with candy and Crayola markers... so fun and cute!
Abby tore through her presents (naturally)- we had to keep reminding her to slow down and enjoy it (i.e. actually looking at what she just opened, and saying Thank You...)
These are a few of our Pizza masterpieces... Yummy!
Just making our pizzas, the kids loved getting their hands in the dough and picking toppings!
Here we are adding blue food coloring to our Silly Slime... gross stuff!
Abby had a great time, and I think all her friends did too...
The kids figured out where the shade was, right at the end of the party when they were finishing up their ice cream cones- the sun cam out, and they ducked for cover... too funny!
My attempt at a Crayon box cake, it turned out cute, but I learned some things that I will do differently next time (you know, because I make so many Crayon box cakes)


Here is the initial group, playing and waiting for everyone to arrive
We're getting ready to mix another great concoction- finger paint. Ooey, gooey, messy fun...
Happy 7th Birthday Abigail!

4 comments:

Nicole Shelby said...

holy smokes!

lucky lucky kid!

how many kids did you end up with?

and i bet you are just so grateful that you&chris decided to finish your backyard!
just imagine all of that fun going on inside Maloy Manor? Yikes!

Jodi Jean said...

looks great. you're so creative. and i LOVE the way the cake turned out.

you need to post your recipes for the dough, paint and slime.

CurlyCraze said...

Cute cake! What a fun looking party too. I can't say that I enjoy planning and running parties. You do such a great job!

Heather Rice said...

Heidi, you go all out! I LOVE that cake. I hope your kids know how lucky they are to have such a fun mom!
-Heather