Saturday, October 4, 2008

Lazy Saturday


We've had some busy weekends lately, and the next few are even busier so we decided to have a lazy conference weekend. That worked out perfectly because today was cold and rainy, I guess fall has officially arrived for us.

Here is what Heidi does on a lazy saturday... I would have loved to sleep in, but Chris got me up early anyway, I really need to teach him about Saturday mornings. So I took a long, hot relaxing shower thinking about a hot mug of chocolate and what goes with that? So after I got out, I made Buttermilk Spice Muffins (a la Mimi's Cafe), while those were baking I did my first load of dishes. The we decided that regular old Hot Cocoa wouldn't be good enough for a rainy morning like this, so we made real Hot Chocolate, and whipped it up nice and frothy in our fancy blender. Yum! Then I decided it was the perfect day to lock myself in my closet and sew but it actually took me awhile to get motivated... so I went shopping in my basement o' fabric stash, and got inspired. I figured out the girl's Halloween costumes, finished my birthday wallhanging (two days after Claire's birthday), and made 2 (almost 3) awesome pillows for my family room! They turned out great (and if I wasn't so lazy I would go take a picture and add it)! Then I researched Meat Sauce recipes and made some great sauce and pasta for dinner (three hours to cook- but see my Tribute to Vince's post), did my second load of dishes. Watched some YouTube vidoes to hang out with Chris. Served and ate our great Spaghetti dinner with the family, and then watched "The Nightmare Before Christmas" because Zach said "Mommy sit with me." I was going to go finish my 3rd pillow, but I'm being lazy and telling you about it all on my blog. Maybe I should go eat some leftovers, and warm up some Hot Chocolate... Enjoy your conference weekend too!

4 comments:

Jodi Jean said...

doesn't sound lazy to me at all!!

i never got out of my pajamas ... robby let me take a 2 hour nap while finley did. and we did nothing all day. no cooking or cleaning or projects of any kind.

now that being said ... love that cute modest white shirt, wherever did you get it? whoever makes it must be AWESOME.

and i wanna see pictures of the new wallhanging!!

Nicole Shelby said...

you DO NOT understand the meaning of a lazy day. nope. you don't.

and i love you for it. one day - i will indoctrinate you into the true lazy day.

Kemari said...

you know what i did...shhhh, plus whos awesome house were you showing off in the background???

The Watts said...

Sounds like you had the same weather we had, but then again I remembered that you are in Utah too! I think I decided to have some hot chocolate on Saturday too, although a truly lazy day would require cheating and just having Stephens Gourmet hot chocolate. Your girls are getting so big I can't believe it, oh well I guess I really am getting old. I sure do miss living in California and your family!