Friday, September 12, 2008

Fall Decorating

So just in case anyone still doubted, yes, we actually do have a sofa (two in fact) I know it took ten+ years, but isn't it pretty... well, it's nice but it needed some color... so here is the before-And here is the after--- the pillows added the much needed pop of color, and even though I made them for fall, I love them so much, they might just be my new colors for that room...
Here are the pillows close up... and I've trained my kids well- they were ALL excited about them
And here is my mantlescape... it makes me smile! It's so fun having a big blank canvas of a house

My house is beggin' for fall decorations, since most of my main living area colors are fall related anyway... I got the bug to make it cute and add some color, and luckily for me Chris was on board too so last weekend- he actually went with me to Robert's and had fun picking out some garlands and stuff to spruce up our family room (I know, T, it's not Seeds when he's earning bonus points...) So, here are some pics of the results... There is more, but I didn't want to completely bore you- ta da, autumn has arrived at the Maloy house.

3 comments:

Jodi Jean said...

looks great ... maybe one day i'll want to decorate instead of the madness everywhere ... my house is SO random.

Nicole Shelby said...

I love the couch...and pillows...and the afghan. i wish i had one of the random fun colored afghans...alas.

i love that "give thanks" sign the best. did you make that or buy it?

excellent decorating, monica!

Heidi Maloy said...

So, I just had to comment back because I love my Give Thanks sign too... but I actually bought it for $1.95 on clearance- can you believe it? I love it... and even more at that price!