Monday, September 8, 2008

Pie-lette!!

Okay, most of you already know about this but just in case there is anyone who doesn't... I LOVE the show "Pushing Daisies"- the bummer is that I started watching last season on the internet and the powers that be decided to drive us all crazy by posting every episode EXCEPT the season premiere! Ughh!! I was waiting and watching and searching and could only find bad links to the elusive "pie-lette" only to have it die or stop every five seconds... so I've been patiently waiting (sometimes not so patiently) for over a year, and now FINALLY, with the new season getting ready to premiere, they FINALLY posted the series premiere! Yahoo... so for anyone that missed it like me, go to http://abc.go.com/player/?channel=27721 and select the "Pie-lette" episode! You won't be disappointed, I promise! Love it! I can guarantee, because I've been trying to get Chris to watch Pushing Daisies with me for that long... but he promised if I ever got the premiere, he would watch it with me, so a year later, he kept his promise and of course loved it, and now has to catch up on the rest of the first season- chalk that one up as an I told you so... Now, Go watch it!!

6 comments:

Nicole Shelby said...

yeah! pushing daisies!

i was terrified that they'd cancel it...because i loved it so. and that seems to be the trend with me.

huzzah!
plus, of course chris likes it. its one of the shows that our men can't propose watchin, but can justify it if their wives make them...then like it because the writing is so good.

Jodi Jean said...

HUZZAH!! that was my fave show last season ... obviously i wrote about it on my blog:

http://jodijean.blogspot.com/2007/11/pushing-daisies.html

i watched it from the very get go ... none of this catch up later on the internet madness!

i'm terribly scared, because the premiere is on october 1st and my due date is october 2nd ... i hope i don't miss it!! (thank goodness for tivo) but i'll bet ya right now i'll be watching it in the hospital (i was watching gilmore girls while laboring with aidan ... so who knows)

Christopher Maloy said...

I admit I have to catch up. I am not an original first season watcher, but according to how competitive TV is now and days I am sure that Pushing Daisies is not turning away any extra viewership. We would hate for the show to be canceled due to lack of public interest.

Gotta say I love the show. Tim Burton has done it again for me. The show has a dark and funny motif. Only Tim Burton can make a show where the main character brings the girl of his dreams back to life and doesn't allow him to touch her.

The writing is great and you find yourself laughing at the most uncomfortable things.

Cheers to many more episodes of PD!

And yes Heidi, you were right. I like it. My only question is why didn't you tell me about this show sooner? Com Amor!

debs said...

Where did you find the rest of the episodes? abc's player is missing about four of the early episodes. I can't wait for Jesse to get home from North CA so he can see the pilot, too. Of course, I wouldn't wait for him - I had to watch it myself this afternoon! I love the narration and surreal feel of the show. I like the tonge-in-cheek dialogue. And I like Kristen Chenowith - let's hear it for the five-foot-short crowd!!!

Heidi Maloy said...

Deb- check out hulu.com, I haven't checked it out recently but they often have hard to find shows. Good luck... still worth watching whatever episodes you can get your hands on...

debs said...

Thanks, but hulu only has contracts with NBC and FOX, so they wouldn't have Pushing Daisies available to watch. The series will be released on DVD later in the month, so I will be patient and netflix it when it is available.