Friday, September 12, 2008

The Witch Is In!

For anyone who has seen my "old" Halloween wall hanging, it's great and everyone loves it- but, I had a new idea for one this year, and couldn't help but make it... so I designed a new quilt and made it up and I know a few of you have been anxiously waiting for the grand reveal, so here it is! (Maybe I can even get Mom to comment on this one) I think it turned out pretty great, and I think even Jodi the seamstress would have a hard time finding too much critique for itNaturally, it's a whole lot better in person, but you get the idea. I think it's adorable, and even Chris is trying to find some wall space to hang it (I have the perfect spot, but he needs some convincing... we'll see)
I love the embellishments that I added, eyelets and ribbon for the ties on the boots, hand stitching, buttons, thread painting, blanket stitching, beady eyes...fun!
Here you can see some of the stitching and detail... does this make you want to play with your machine more, Mom? The hand stitch turned out really cute with purple thread... Hee Hee!

10 comments:

Kemari said...

Yes! i am so glad i can live vicariously through you with your mad skilzzzzz....

Christopher Maloy said...

Glad to have such a talented wife. You rock!!!

Thanks for all you do to make our house a home.

Jodi Jean said...

wow ... and you designed that?? seriously soooo cute!! i bet you could make a pattern for that and sell it (like on youcanmakethis.com) soooooooooooo CUTE!! love it. i have no holiday decorations (except christmas) i guess i should be more creative!!

Jodi Jean said...

i'm serious about making some money for your craft ... i've done pdf patterns before if you wanna talk about it.

Nicole Shelby said...

you are crazy!
quite the opposite effect. instead of wanting to play with my sewing machine more...i want to go hide in my closet, and post a large apologetic note to all trick-or-treaters!

you crazy
creative woman!

Jodi Jean said...

and the market on youcanmakethis.com is wide open in this area ... absolutely nothing that you would be competing with.

http://youcanmakethis.com/home-decor.htm

Connie H said...

OK, so i am now on my second comment, my first ever last night on the TJ web site. So maybe my comments might be more frequent. It is absolutely GORGEOUS! I know that you got all of your creative genes from me and boy am I impressed. Oh, wait, maybe they were your fathers. Anyway your work is spectacular and you are amazing.
I love ya, you crazy sewer you. MOM

Heidi Maloy said...

MOM- just wanted to let you know, that's not all the craziness... I also finished the smaller but just as cute version for Pat(?) I should be mailing it to you on Monday, but once you see it, you'll have to be responsible for what you do with it!

Nicole Shelby said...

heidi!
so, i did what you asked and tried to make my blog a little more interesting to look at.
yeah...i'm not that pleased with it. i tried several different ones. and it deleted stuff from my blog. now i have to go back and try to fix stuff. sheesh.
before i touch it again...i think i'll have to let it percolate a little bit. what do you think of it.

Jodi Jean said...

sooooo ... have you checked that website yet?!?!