Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Party Party Party

So Chris says I need to find something worthwhile to do with my time... because I have crazy fun parties coming up! It all starts with Abigail's Artsy Fartsy 7th Birthday Bash on Friday (messy projects and lot's of bright Crayola colors). Then next week I'm in charge of project night for Enrichment (teaching the Witch wallhanging). The following Friday will be Claire's Pink Pampered Princess Party for her 5th birthday (complete with makeovers at the Royal Salon, thrones, and of course an all pink tea party). The following day is our big Super Saturday which I'm helping with (teaching scripture bags, and finishing witch hangings, and aprons, and whatever else). The Friday after that is Patty's and my Annual Halloween extravaganza- it's a Haunted "Hulaween" this year at the Spooky Island of Maloy! (get out your coconut bras and grass skirts) Then I'm going to need a break, so we leave for Park City the day after the Halloween party, for a week of partying with the family. Then I'm in charge of Abby's class Halloween party on Halloween (dry ice root beer floats, chocolate candy molds, etc.). Ok, that actually made me tired thinking about all that... BUT, I've got mad skills and they are all going to be fabulous! Watch for pictures and details in blogs to come... and hope that I survive!

8 comments:

Nicole Shelby said...

"always the hostess..."

you have got to learn to relax!

and it's not enough to plan fun parties...you've gotta give 'em silly names? you funny lady.

again: you make me tired just reading what you are planning to do!

i do wish we could be up there already!

Nicole Shelby said...

oh yes...
talking about things that make me tired just thinking about it.

are you in? retirement PCT?

Christopher Maloy said...

Are you sure you didn't misquote me there Heidi? I didn't say you should do something worthwhile ... you should take a break. I am thinking of a weekend where we do nothing at all (but read and catch up on 30 Rock and Pushing Daisies). Whad'ya say.

Kemari said...

I cant believe you have your class party planned! I havent even though about it! UGH! after my trip!!!!

Connie H said...

Hey Heidi,
Not to sound like I'm crazier than you, just so you know why you are the way you are. My hostessing (not a word?) plans include--Saturday I'm feeding 175 sisters dinner and dessert, Oct. 11 I'm serving appetizers and dessert for 100, and then on Oct. 16 I just have dessert for 100. You come by it naturally.
Love ya,
MOM

Nicole Shelby said...

plus, the second sun (12), mom's letting us do caleb's blessing party at her home.

Jodi Jean said...

holy moley ... i wish you lived closer, your hulaween party plans sound fabulous!! (as do your other parties.)

take LOTS of pictures while you work on your witch wall hanging so you can get going on the e-book/pdf pattern to sell (i'm really serious about that)

LOVE ya. dontcha wish you were closer so you could be here holding fin??

Jodi Jean said...

oh and dontcha get tired reading about the events mom has to plan and prepare for ... sheesh!! makes ya want to be the stake relief society president, eh?!