Sunday, September 14, 2008

Tic Tac

Zach scared us tonight... he went upstairs to play in his room, and the girls and I were watching Ransom of Red Chief ("there's never a mongolian horde around when you need one") and Chris was on his computer (only important if you know the layout of our house- because from each of those rooms, you have a good view of the bottom of the stairs). Suddenly, I see a pillow from Zach's room rolling down the stairs, then him running across our bridge back to his room- then another pillow down the stairs... so I'm waiting for what's next, but was very surprised and afraid when I see Zach now rolling down the stairs- yep, Zach, head over feet ROLLING down the stairs!... Since Chris and I both had a good view of him, we are both jumping and running from different directions to get him- The funny part about that was that as I'm jumping and running to get there, I'm waiting for the thud at the bottom- that I didn't hear, so, I'm assuming the two pillows that he initially threw down helped cushion his fall.

So Chris scoops him up and lays him on the couch so we can assess the damage- there are no bones sticking out, or anything gory- that's a good sign. Even though he was crying, it was more of a fear cry than a pain cry- so we assess that he was very lucky and that's he alright afterall. Chris pulls him up to hug him and calm him down- that's when I notice it, the spots of blood on the couch where his head was lying. So we check the back of him, and sure enough, he has a matted patch of blood... so in common Chris fashion, he starts freaking out and talking about stitches and emergency room visits. But before I get to the really weird part, I'll let you know that after we got the blood cleaned up (you know head wounds), it was only a small bump and hardly a scratch. Nothing a little Ibuprofen and some Ransom of Red Chief ("Fluffy!") won't cure. So- now that you know that he's not dying of a flesh wound--- back to the spot of blood on the couch. I didn't mention that right in the center of the blood was a bright green Tic Tac. The funny thing is, none of us has had any Tic Tacs lately... and for the life of me, I truly can't think of how that Tic Tac possibly got there. We would have seen it, if it was there before we layed Zach down... and oddly, it was right in the middle of the blood--- so Chris and I are taking care of Zach- but the girls are in deep discussion about the mysterious Tic Tac, and I have to admit I was wondering myself. So while Chris and I are cleaning him up, I could hear Claire asking Isabelle, "Did Zach break a green bone in his head??" That must be the answer... it's the only explanation! Have a good night!

7 comments:

Christopher Maloy said...

HEY EVERYONE - MY SON SPEWS GREEN TIC TACs FROM HIS HEAD!!! That has got to be worth something right?

Why couldn't it be a 100$ bill?

I know, I know ... Zach is alright. I DO NOT overreact...most of the time. :)

I swear my son has constant bruises on his head. Check out ever picture of him and you will see black and blue. My kids are causing gray hair and they are not even teenagers yet.

Scott H. said...

maybe that's what he landed on at the foot of the stairs and what caused the head injury...

Jodi Jean said...

haha ... which is why we will only ever live in a 1 story house! aidan gets enough bruises without falling down the stairs! and where in the world did the tic tac come from? maybe he's been hording them ... you'll find a pile of tic tacs in his bottom drawer under his pants ... muuuawwahahaha!

Nicole Shelby said...

you are very lucky. and not why you think i'm going to say.
it's not a green tic tac. it was actually a very technologically advanced alien gps locator/mind control device. zach was unable to tell you about the alien scientists plans for him and his family. so, he took it upon himself to remove the device - in order to protect you all. the only truly effective method of removal and disarmament is a tumble down a flight of stairs. the pillows were thrown to save his life. he knew you wouldn't care about alien-device-removal if he didn't survive the procedure.

that all being said: i think a pile of pillows at the bottom of stairs would be an excellent permanent element - for decoration as well as utility.

now...thank goodness he's allright.

Jodi Jean said...

haha! i LOVE nicole's comment.

that being said, how is tic-tac-zach? anymore tumbling down stairs today?

Haddorkus said...

I guess you never know whats going to come out of your kids head until you knock it out of them.

But even I wouldn't have expected tic-tacs, that will come in handy in a halitosis emergency, though.

Heidi Maloy said...

Nicole- YOU should write the book...